About

I joined the Magrath crew in October of 2008. However, I have close ties to the U as a graduate from the Morris campus, majoring in Speech Communication and a minor in Art History. My Library Science degree is from Indiana University- Bloomington, specializing in art librarianship and reference.

The Outreach and Instruction position was almost built for me. I am the liaison to the College of Continuing Education which I have even longer ties to. I was a College in the Schools student at Park Center High School and currently am enrolled in their Masters of Liberal Studies specializing in tutorial design and oral histories. Extension relationships build on my experience as a reference librarian with MINITEX. This allows me to promote statewide resources to the Extension staff and integrate these resources into their curriculum for the end users (the public).

I love learning, which is another draw to both these areas as they promote the continuum of lifelong education and exploration. Not only do I offer training sessions on library resources, but I can assist with other tools to help you personally and/or professionally. Have you tried to create a blog or podcast? Ever wanted to learn to search the web more efficiently, or use the latest Google tools? I can customize training sessions for a group of students, staff or faculty and would love to hear from you!

Being the Outreach librarian I am seldom in my office, but if you find yourself in Magrath, please do stop in and say hello. Or, if you see me at the Boss Meat Lab on Wednesdays, having lunch at Lori's, or out for a walk across campus, say hi, as I would love to hear what you are up to!

ACRL Conference 2013 Recap
THATCamp I have never participated in this unconference-like session before. Topics are decided at the beginning of the day, and…
Nature-based therapeutics information use survey
In an effort to learn more about information needs and library use of nature-based therapeutics practitioners we are conducting a…
Two inspiring reads
During vacation I read two books that truly inspired me as we go into 2013. Two must-reads are: If You…
    follow me on Twitter