Does Birth Order Really Define our Personality?

According to the book, birth order tends to be associated with out personality. They claim that firstborns tend toward achievement, middle-borns toward diplomacy, and later-borns toward risk taking. Sulloway's findings raised the possibility that birth order is an important non-shared environmental influence. He found that later-borns were 3.1 times more likely than firstborns to favor revolutionary ideas for extremely radical ideas, this ratio increased to 4.7. In contrast, firstborns usually supported the status quo. If we look at an example from the show "Even Stevens" it is easy to see that these kids actually do support the birth order idea. Donnie is the athlete that is always accomplishing achievements in sports. Ren is the smart one who is always trying to do well. Louis though, he is the slacker/trouble maker of the kids.
If we take a look at my family though, it is almost the complete opposite of this idea. My older brothers are all slackers, and just tend to not care about anything. They are the trouble makers. They always had some place to go, and never really cared all that much about school or anything. I on the other hand, the youngest, always strive to succeed at what I do. I never went out much in high school unless all my work was done. I'm the one who had to get all "A's" in high school. I always was trying to achieve something unlike my brothers. So, birth order can't really be generalized. It varies it different types of families.

Ah but you are a different gender and that affects the birth order/personality relationship. Oftentimes, the first born of a particular gender is treated differently. Still your points are valid. Why do you think birth order affects personality? What might be causing the correlation? What is the point of the video that you include?