Vedio game can't make kids more agressive

video-game-kid.jpgIn my opinion, playing violent video game can't contribute to aggression. Looking across all the articles I read, I think I am most convinced by the third article which is called "Violent Games Not To Blame For Youth Aggression, Study Suggest" (ScienceDaily Dec. 14, 2010). 302 mainly Hispanic youth between the ages of 10 and 14 years were in the experiment. After 12 months from the beginning of the experiment, they were interviewed the second time for collecting the data. The experimenter found out that depressive symptoms were a really important reason for aggression. At the end of the experiment, the experimenter Christopher Ferguson concludes:" current levels of depression may be a key variable of interest in the prevention of serious aggression in youth". The second article convinced me the least, because it did consider other reason for people aggression but only find the information they were interested in. In my opinion, current depression is not only a big reason for aggression, but also there are some other important variables. For instance, violent movies or music also may cause people's aggression. We can see violence news all the time on TV. People even can watch real crime around them. For those things I mentioned, they are more realistic than those fake pictures violent video game. So they might are important reasons for people being aggressive. On the other hand, according to one of the six scientific thinking principles: extraordinary claims, we need some scientific design experiments to approve those views. If I were a experimenter, I would design the experiment for approving more crime rate around individuals can cause more aggression. First, I will find as more participants as I can. And randomly select them from both high crime rate area and low crime rate area as the control group. Second, I will find participants from each different areas as experiment groups. Using the longitudinal design to follow each individual for years and compare them with other people for other grounds at the end of the experiment. Then, I will give a reasonable conclusion about my research.

Couldn't video games be one of many causes of aggression? Does is matter if it is the only cause? Could you reasonably assign people to play video games over years? A link to the article would be helpful.