Happiness

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/65158/merry-christmas-joy-happiness.jpg

I think that, when it comes down to it, everyone wants one thing: happiness. Yes, you can say that people want money, power, love or freedom, but I think many people want these things because these things will make them happy--or at least people think that they will make them happy. Finding meaning and and success in life seems to make your life more enjoyable. So, if life is, in a way, a complicated pursuit of happiness, I think the section of the class on happiness, specifically, the part that reveals popular misconceptions and highlights truths of thing that make us, as people, happy, has the potential to be helpful. Rich people and people in California are not happy just because they have money or live on the west coast, and old people are not less happy than younger people. Things that do make people happier are: marriage, friendships, education, religion, political affiliation, exercise, gratitude and giving.

Do you feel happier having taken this class?