Psychology Concepts- 5 years and Beyond

There is not just one concept that will last with me five years down the road. Many of the concepts we've learned are interconnected and it's hard to remember one without the other. Of the many concepts, one that will be in my mind now and later on comes from Professor Koeing's lectures on Child development. One of my brother's friend recently had a baby and it will be interesting to see some of the concepts l had learned being applied to him. Right now he's at the stage of smiling at everyone an indifferent to strangers holding him. However, I think it might be fun to test some of the ideas on depth perception and his cognitive thinking as he grows up. Additionally, both his parents are fluent in two languages, so it will be interesting to see which one he picks up first. Because they visit often for babysitting purposes, I might just turn this opportunity into a fun longitudinal study of my own. One area that I am still interested in are parenting styles; I can't help but imagine what type of person someone will grow up to be based on the type of parents they had or what kind of parents someone may have had because of how they turned out today.

I certainly perform psychology experiments on my two year old... :)