SAT Cheating

Standardized testing has been apart of our society for quite sometime. There are many different types of these exams, and they are mainly used to test intelligence. Aptitude tests, such as the SAT, can act as transitional exams for high school to college students. The SAT is intended to assess a student's readiness and comprehension for college level studies. It was first introduced in 1926, and its name and scoring have changed several times. It was once called the Scholastic Aptitude Test, then the Scholastic Assessment Test, but now SAT does not stand for anything.

The SAT is a very challenging exam and with a great score on one, the test taker would propel to greater opportunities. The test remains as something many high school students fear and loathe. It is the gatekeeper to your college dreams, and sometimes people will go to drastic measures to ensure themselves a solid score on a standardized test as importance as the SAT.

Recently Sam Eshaghoff, a former senior of Great Neck North High School in Long Island, had started a scam that involved surrogate students taking the exam for others. The price would change depending on the student, but the amount has reached near $3500 for a surrogate student to cheat and take the exam for someone else. His scam has expanded to three different high schools and a total of two dozen students.

After reading this article about Sam Eshaghoff, I couldn't believe someone had actually pulled that off. While in high school, my friends and I would joke about having someone else take the ACT or SAT for us. We would have a better life if we did and our scores would help out in the future, right? I guess instead of actually trying, like my friends and I ended up doing, these idiots, I mean students, in Great Neck North seem to ignore the actually significance of these exams in the first place. The SAT is a standardized aptitude test. It is designed to measure intelligence, and everyone's intelligence is different. However lazy one can get, if you don't want to take the test to see if you are ready for college, then why would you want to go to college?

http://www.examiner.com/headlines-in-new-york/long-island-sat-cheating-scandal-spreads-to-3-more-high-schools

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAT

Connect a little more to psychology concepts and expand your analysis a bit. Be sure to use the link function for your articles and include a picture.