The Id, Ego, and Superego

Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, developed a structured model of the sectors of our personalities. The three components are as follows; the Id, the ego, and the superego. The Id is driven by our most primitive impulses such as sex & aggression. If our desires are not fulfilled within that moment it will result in an increased level of stress and anxiety. The power source of the Id is our pleasure principle which wants to relieve the feeling of anxiety immediately. The Id is completely unconscious.The ego on the other hand is the central control system and is the lead in making decisions. The ego is driven by the reality principle which combats the Id in holding off immediate urges so as to relieve itself in the proper setting. The superego is our contact with keeping good ethics and morals. It allows us to have good etiquette and behave properly.
I can recall a time where i was pretty frustrated and irritated at someone for lying to my friends in front of my face. Instead of blowing up in their face i took the time to think about it and decided to stay quiet until they had left. Afterwards i ended up smashing a light bulb on the ground to relieve my stress. I believe it was my ego that allowed me to control myself in that situation as to where my Id wanted to do the exact opposite.
These three psychic agencies interact with each other throughout every single day of our lives and form who we are as people. It's essential that we understand why we act a certain way and what drives us to do certain things whether it'd be a sexual desire or refraining kicking a door in, For information on the Id, ego, and superego refer to the following link.id-ego-superego[1].gif