Identity

identity.gif
I will never forget the concept of identity.
Do we ever stop changing our concept of self? The concept of identity will continually be intriguing to me because I see no end to its transformations. The compilation of all our experiences and memories define who we are at each individual point in time. Erikson's theory of development seems to be in accord, as it suggests that our identity is continually changing as we develop throughout our whole life. However, this is not the only reason that I will never forget the concept of identity.

The concept of identity is so fundamentally captivating to me because it begs the question of to what extent we are able to influence ourselves. How much of a role does our environment and seemingly inconsequential events play in shaping our actions and development? It is impossible to know. It leaves us with the mystery of ourselves and how we came to be who we are.

That is the essence of why the concept of identity is so intriguing to me. My sense of self will continually change and be reevaluated and I see no end. For now, I will live in the moment and continually crack at the mystery of who I am and how I came to be through the introspection of my experiences and memories.

I always love to ponder who I would be if an event didn't happen or if I had had different parents... fun to ponder.