Beginnerish footie

I'm thrilled when I freemount my unicycle and find my balance. But then I often have to do something about my feet. How do you deal with that situation where one foot is where you want it on the pedal, but the other is hanging off or too far forward or aft or just plain uncomfortably wrong? I'm sure not going to dismount now that I'm up there. I've got to figure out how to get the malfunctioning foot repositioned.

Just slightly off topic: I'm surprised to read some Muni blogs that recommend positioning the pedal under the arch. The rationale is that the heel of the boot (also recommended) can be used to stabilize the pedal. Well, probably so when doing whack stuff that I'm not doing (shoot, not contemplating) yet. For my beginnerish riding I like the standard bicycle position with the pedal centered under the ball of the foot.

I've found that there is a very brief window of time where I can squirm my foot over, back, up or whatever, and that window opens when the pedal is rising to the top of its rotation, just before it begins a power stroke. It is hardly a window of time. It seems more like a sliver of light, a crack in time that I can use to slightly shift. It is such a simple thing, repositioning the foot, but it means that successful freemounts aren't waisted.

Hi Lillian! Sometimes Pinterest takes down the lookup function to install updates. Do not worry, I'm able to access it from my end!

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your website? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers!

Hello, I just stopped by to visit your site and thought I'd say I had a great visit.

Love is the delightful interval between meeting a beautiful girl and discovering that she looks like a haddock.

Who to himself is law, no law doth need.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on April 17, 2010 6:18 PM.

A straight-2 engine was the previous entry in this blog.

Unweighting for comfort is the next entry in this blog.