Unweighting for comfort

Today while riding the track I watched a guy exercise his dog on the football field. There's a sign on the chain link fence by the entry to the field that says "No dog training", but there is also probably a "No bikes" rule about the track too, so he, I and the dog peacefully coexisted.

The track gives me a chance to try new moves on the unicycle without worrying about bumps and debris. Today I worked on unweighting. By the end of the week I'd like to be able to stand upwhile riging, so the first small step is to figure how to unweight my butt from the seat. Like everything else on the unicycle, unweighting seems to be a matter of balance and timing. I find I can get a bit of distance off the seat if I apply even pressure to the pedals just as I'm coming up to the 9/3 crank position (is that what some folks call the "power position"?). At first I thought that squeezing my thighs against the saddle helped stabilize my balance, but as I did it more, I wasn't sure it mattered. It was easier to do the elevation with my right foot forward and left foot back, but I worked on the opposite orientation and that was eventually ok too.

I had the feeling that I was pogoing down the track, but I'm sure that my rise and fall was barely perceptible.

The unexpected benefit of this slight unweighting is that it allowed me to reposition myself in the seat for more comfort. Sometimes I find I'm a bit off center after a mount, so unweighting the seat lets me get things adjusted just like unweighting the pedals lets me get my feet centered.

Hi Eva, nWhen was the previous time u witnessed with the own eyes what happens in Israel with the Arabs?

Hi, I just stopped by to visit your website and thought I'd say thanks for having me.

Practice yourself what you preach.

Hey to each and every one. We're from Greece and have got fresh, new online site. Please Click my world wide web site and told me your thought. You'll See a lof of inspiring ideas and knowledge of my work. This Is cost free 100% and without the need of registrator. Thanks A Ton To anyone who's going to look at my newer webpage. This Can Help my work. | βιβλιο |

My partner and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I may as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking at your web page for a second time.

The sad news is, nobody owes you a career. Your career is literally your business. You own it as a sole proprietor. You have one employee: yourself. You need to accept ownership of your career, your skills and the timing of your moves.

Do you have a spam problem on this site; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have created some nice methods and we are looking to exchange strategies with others, why not shoot me an email if interested.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on April 18, 2010 10:52 AM.

Beginnerish footie was the previous entry in this blog.

Linking skills is the next entry in this blog.