Going slow

Dismounting off the back has been an issue for me. I always fly off the front. Any time I try to do otherwise it's a wobbly disaster and I still come off the front. Even when I'm hanging on to something I have to think through how to get off the back. It just shouldn't be so hard.

And really it isn't.

Today I was out at the tennis court working on smoother free mounts and tighter figure 8s. I also wanted to make some progress on stalling as a way to progress toward idling. My strategy for stalling was too try to ride slow, real slow and then real, real slow under control. As I got comfortable with slow controlled riding I tried stopping the cranks with different pedals forward. I wasn't doing that well, and as a result, got lots of practice on those free mounts. What I did realize though was that once I'm rolling slowly with my body fairly upright maybe I can take one more forward stroke and jump off the back.

It worked. It was very satisfying to do something as simple as stepping off the back, on purpose. I ended the practice session doing a dozen or so free mounts and back dismounts, alternating feet, trying to exercise that muscle memory. I'm sure it will still be challenging to dismount off the back when I'm riding at normal pace or when I'm really tired, but now I've got something to build on.

Unbelievable! I just discovered that I'm on Google+ twice and didn't realize it. Because they use numbers for member's addresses rather than names, I couldn't figure out what had happened to some of my posts and didn't realize I had registered twice AND NEITHER DID THEY using the exact same password, etc. Well, there's a negative for Google+ Here's my alternative page: https://plus.google.com/108279286977758998728/ which you'll note is quite a bit unique from the other just one. Man, you've got to like technology.

aku ra weruh arep nulis opo , seng penting aku ninggalne komeng neg kene

Merely wanna state that this is very useful , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Merely wanna state that this is very beneficial , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

Who ever loved that loved not at first sight

I am not sure condition it is merely my machine, except I am powerless to view some of your images acceptably. I am by Chrome excluding a little effects are not loading. Party Networking Software

I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.

Keep up the excellent piece of work, I read few posts on this website and I believe that your blog is real interesting and has circles of fantastic information.

Thanks , I have emphatically been thorough for information approximately this topic for a extensive epoch and yours is the furthermost I have came ahead hence far. Yet, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you undeniable about the source?

This truly helped my examine, Cheers!

GRacias por la informacion, ha sido de gran ayuda, yo me encuentro preocupado por la perdida del cabello.

It is really strange, i was on your site just 15 minutes ago, when my browser i use Safari was freezing, did you added some new plugins or anything else which could cause such a behaviour? I visit your site pretty regulary and never had that before!

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on May 18, 2010 2:41 PM.

The Devil was the previous entry in this blog.

Pump those thighs is the next entry in this blog.