Pump up that damn tire, Tom

Today the unicycle felt squishy (I still haven't pumped up the tire). I was on the tennis court working on tighter figure 8s and although yes they're getting tighter, they were anything but smooth turns. Jerk, jerk, jerk. The under-inflated tire was super grippy and prefered to go straight rather than lean over into a turn. And when I needed to make a quick adjustment it took lots of force on the crank. One time I really got off my center of balance and had to give a big rip on the cranks in mid turn to catch my balance. I think I actually left a black tire mark on the court! HA! Peeling out with a unicycle!

In one of my earlier posts I talked about trying to stall the unicycle - like in one of Megan's videos - as a first step toward throwing idles into the ride. I tried doing that today and was struggling to get the feel for it. You know how it feels to finally break through and catch part of a new skill? Well I haven't quite felt it yet with this stalling and idling. Closer, but not yet. I'll need a few more sessions on the tennis court.

Can anybody invest in it from a bookstore?

Whats up. Very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally...I am glad to find so much useful info here within the article. Thanks for sharing...

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You've made my day! Thanks again! "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." by Friedrich Nietzsche.

I love your wordpress theme, exactly where do you download it from?

Ninety percent of everything is crap.

Again, men in general desire the good, and not merely what their fathers had.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on June 23, 2010 9:15 PM.

Planned dismounts was the previous entry in this blog.

Refereed journal article is the next entry in this blog.