Arms folded

Chris Taylor, an author of online unicycle riding instructions, has a page on idling that I read a couple of weeks ago. The part that particularly stuck with me was at the very end where he said, "...practice idling with your arms folded".

Well, I can't idle yet regardless of arm position, but that "arms folded" comment stuck with me as something that might be useful. During the last few rides I've been trying to fold my arms and keep my upper body as quiet as possible when riding on relatively smooth, flat sections of road. The first ride it felt about as uncontrolled and awkward as the first ride when I tried to grasp the saddle handle with my left hand. I could maybe go ten strokes at the most before letting go to regain my balance. The next ride when I tried arms folded it seemed easier to get to ten strokes and beyond. Today it wasn't very tough at all on the flats so I tried folding arms up and down gentle hills and some bumpier trails. It really isn't that big a deal as a skill in itself, but I think it has been helpful for me in focusing the balancing adjustments on subtle shifts in the midsection of the trunk of the body rather than on flailing arms. I think I ride quieter now because of the arms-folded practice.

Now I need to get back to learning to idle.

Google+ stores your photos in whole resolution. Unlike FaceBook, which compresses your photos.

Hi there. Very cool web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also...I'm glad to locate a lot of useful info right here in the article. Thank you for sharing...

Do you offer Infographics from other designers/companies besides Column Five Media?

Thank you, I have been looking for information about this subject matter for ages and yours is the best I've discovered so far.

Hello to anyone. My Organization Is from the Greece and i also have a good completely new page. Take A Look At my internet site and say your opinion. Yow Will Discover a lof of good ideas and information about my job role. This Is at no cost 100% and without having to registrator. Thanks Much To every single that can visit my great online business. This'll Help my work. | web hosting |

Noone pointed out there are no idea about everything that FOREX COMPANIES is indeed , it can be better for you to consider on the subject of http://www.21tiadirectory.info/index.php?q=wccforex.com

It is the habit of mediocre minds to condemn all that is beyond their grasp.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on July 12, 2010 4:16 PM.

Up and Down was the previous entry in this blog.

Keeping up with the technique is the next entry in this blog.