Balancing with hips and lower abs

shadow.jpgThe more I've been doing with trying different hand positions the more I'm coming to think about hips. Here's what I think is going on. When I ride I naturally want to move some part of my body opposite to the force of my legs. Its just like running. When you stride forward with your left foot you reach forward with your right hand an bring your right shoulder slightly forward. Your shoulders rotate opposite your hips. If my arms are extended they tend to pump opposite my legs, and also help balance. This makes for awkward riding. When I hold my arms behind my back, my shoulders stay square and instead of arms and shoulders compensating for leg movement, the compensation focuses down at my hips and lower abs. I find that if I keep the hips and lower abs loose to work in collaboration with my legs, my shoulders and arms can stay quiet.

Now the first exercise I do when I get on the unicycle is to get the arms quiet, maybe even behind the back, and focus on getting the hips and lower abs loose, flexing, and collaboration with the legs. It makes for a more stable ride than with arms flapping. I think that may be because most of my fine balancing is being done by hips and abs very close to my center of gravity, rather than balancing by moving shoulders and arms which are more distant from the center of gravity, and where even small movements can add to jerkiness.

Here's a vid of the day's work.

I tried to have a pininterest account but you should not do facebook or twitter. Emailed the "contact us" address" but got no response. So if i'm able to get an account devoid of subscribing to either of these social media sites, count me in and notify me how to do it.

with attribute placeholder now....we can more creativ on add the style....
nice resource, thank's :)

Very efficiently written article. It will be beneficial to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work - i will definitely read more posts.

Great blog here! Also your website loads up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my website loaded up as quickly as yours lol

Thanks, I have been looking for details about this subject matter for ages and yours is the best I've located so far.

Hi this really is kinda allied with rancid theme but I was asking yourself if websites use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually suggest with HTML. I'm commencing a blog presently nevertheless have zero coding expertise hence i required to achieve guidance through superstar with experience. Some avoid will be enormously treasured!

Superb reorganization having stimulating data. You might want to ensuing to the donate matter!?!

A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of.

Really Be thankful for this post, how can I force to is so that I take delivery of an alert transmit when you enter a new article?

I am not real superb with English excluding I get back this especially relaxing to interpret.

GRacias por la informacion, ha sido de gran ayuda, yo me encuentro preocupado por la perdida del cabello.

Great satisfy substance and fantastic describe. Your blog deserves every one of the helpful comment it has been getting.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on October 22, 2010 3:51 PM.

Urgency was the previous entry in this blog.

Slow progress? Maybe not. is the next entry in this blog.