Drill baby, drill

I realize that I have adopted the same approach to learning unicycle that I use with other sports. I like to drill.

In the previous post I mention Paul Anderson's videos where he recommends 100 rocks left foot, 100 rocks right......etc. So that is now how I am starting my unicycling day. Indoors in the lab at lunch hour, 100 rocks right, left right leg 1 foot, left leg one foot. It takes maybe 15 minutes and I do it while I'm making a pot of coffee. And I think it helps. After doing those four drills, I do 10 starts left foot down and 10 starts right foot down where I focus hard on doing the best I can. If I do 1 cycle or 7 it still counts as one start. That puts just a bit of pressure on me to get a good one in during those 10 starts.

I said before that I find learning to idle tough. That is still the case. The best I've done is to idle 7 back-and-forth cycles (is that 7 or 14 idles?). And that only once. I've done 4s, 5s, and 6s, but only one 7. And in truth my most frequent is 1. 1, after all this time. Progress is slow, but steady. Maybe by spring I'll be up to 100.

Today once when I got to 3 cycles of idling I briefly had the feeling that I could keep going indefinitely. You know, it was just like when you are riding down the road with confidence. You don't keep thinking, "can I do one more rotation?" You just keep riding. I tasted that level of confidence today, briefly. Maybe again tomorrow. Intoxicating.

"On Pricing Don't be afraid to charge what you might be truly worth. Will not under charge because you happen to be using pre-built templates and open-source systems. It's your expertise and custom perform that will make these tools achieve your client's goals. "

very trivial column, i without doubt fondness this website, save proceeding it

Hello.This article was really remarkable, especially since I was looking for thoughts on this topic last Friday.

the last version beliver seaons for made the latest update.

This helped me learn more about this, thanks for the informative post.

I saved my own monies for that motorcycle and although I respected what my grandparents said, I was determined to purchase the '74 one way or another. With the $500.00 down payment and my Uncle Bob cosigning the paperwork, I was the proud new owner of my dream. I was officially broke and Uncle Bob had to give me money, just to get the bike home. Within 3 months, I was well on my way to being a 'Bad Ass Biker' and my grandparents weren't too happy about that either, but with the help of Uncle Bob, they broke down and bought me my first leather jacket and boots. Dude, I was beside myself.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on January 20, 2011 8:13 PM.

Muscle, reflex and determination was the previous entry in this blog.

Backstroke is the next entry in this blog.