Today's two sensations

I recall two sensations from my ride today. One had to do with my hips and the other my feet.

Instead of my usual ride to the hockey rink i found another park a little more than a mile away from the gym, rode through the university neighborhood to the tennis court there, and engaged in civil disobedience by riding on the court despite the signs saying no bikes or skateboards. Whatever. It was a rainy day and there was no chance of anyone playing tennis on those soggy courts. Also, I really like the tire grip their textured court surface provides. I did some warm-up figure eights inside the service court and then moved on to practice serial idling along the outside of the court where I could get some balance support from the fence.

Here's where I had the hip sensation. When serial idling, if I could keep my hips square and balanced through one idle and especially during the forward stroke transition to the next idle on the opposite foot, I had reasonable success. I had to strongly focus on squaring and stabilizing the hips through the forward and backward arch, and when I did, it really helped and I could do a chain of four or five idles without needing support. And even more important, I got the sensation that I could eventually reach the point where I could do it indefinitely.

The second sensation, on the feet, occurred on the ride back to the gym. The return ride was all uphill, and steep at times. The 24" that was riding has plastic pedals, and it was a wet, rainy day which adds up to the potential for feet to slide off the pedals at the worst time (like when mounting or straining uphill). To feel secure when transferring sufficient force to the pedals to get up the hills I needed to really focus on keeping the ball of the foot securely and squarely positioned on the pedal, and imagining the force transferred to the center of the pedal. When doing that I had no difficulty with slippage, and I had confidence going up the hills that I wasn't going to slide off the pedal and do a face plant into the asphalt.

Go Canucks!

I'm hoping to obtain my entry for the Umbrella Prints Trimmings comp done this week :)

Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site so i came to “go back the want”.I'm trying to in finding things to enhance my web site!I guess its good enough to make use of some of your ideas!!

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.

Hi to all the people. I'm coming from Greece plus i have a fresh, new net site. Kindly Visit my online business and told me your thought. There Are a lof of creative ideas and information about my work. It Really Is free of charge 100% and without even registrator. Thanks A Lot To each which will come to my interesting net site. It Will Help To my job. | σπίτι |

I'm a prolonged epoch watcher and I merely whispered I force drop by and declare hi there representing the fantastically 1st time.

I run a barbecuing blog where I share my dishes and secrets that I learn from my years of cooking food. I try really hard to improve my blog no less than 3 times a week. I've had the blog for about three months, which I suppose is a fairly good amount of time. However, my blog doesn't get lots of visitors . When I look for my posts on Google, it is certainly hard for me to discover them. I found this blog on the very first page of Google while i searched for Today's two sensations - Unplanned Dismount: Learning through Unicycling, as a result i think you must be a very skilled, care to share some information with me?

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on June 15, 2011 1:54 PM.

Ride the line was the previous entry in this blog.

Fathers Day 2011 is the next entry in this blog.