Riding snow

Track ride 8 Jan 2012.jpg
We've had a surprisingly warm and snow-free winter so far. Just a little snow is left in the shady parts of side streets. This morning I found snow on the cemetery trails and also on the south end of the high school track. As I rode through the snow I was reminded of a few rules that I keep in mind when on the snow.

First, when transitioning from dry road to snow, I prepare myself for a surprising amount of drag on the wheel that could pitch me forward if I'm not braced for it. It's like sand.

Second, I really don't know what the snow is covering up so I need to expect anything. One of the lines I rode today had very lumpy ice under the smooth cover of light snow. One of those lumps stopped my wheel just as if I had hit a rock and I highsided, taking a pretty good tumble. Next time I'll get my weight off the seat and on my toes, ride lightly and expect roughness under the surface.

Third, where there is snow there could also be ice. I always worry about glare ice under the snow. In any ice situation I try to keep the unicycle upright and directly under me, and I avoid turning the wheel very much. It's like riding over railroad tracks...hit the ice patch square and ride straight over it.

Probably the best advice I give myself when I see show that might be covering ice is to dismount and walk. The hardest falls happen on glare ice.

Find it irresistible, Molly. I am a lover of all things pinterest as well. I'm definitely heading to must try that sesame chicken!

Good day. Very nice blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also...I'm satisfied to find numerous useful info right here in the article. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is very cool. I am impressed by the details that you've on this web site. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this web page, will come back for more articles. You, my friend, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just couldn't come across. What a perfect web-site.

I really like your writing style, excellent info , thankyou for posting : D.

Hello. Very nice website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally...I'm glad to find a lot of useful information right here in the post. Thanks for sharing...

I think other website owners should take this website as an example , very clean and excellent user pleasant design and style . "One of the first duties of the physician is to educate the masses not to take medicine." by William Osler.

There are certainly relatively a lot of details comparable that to take into consideration. With the intention of is a fine glassy to convey positive. I present the ideas above as normal inspiration nevertheless obviously there are questions comparable the one you consign positive where the mainly significant thing can be working in truthful nice trust. I don?t get qualification paramount practices have emerged ring-shaped things like that, excluding I am positive that your job is clearly identified as a good ready. Apiece girls and boys especially stroke the impact of only a second's pleasure, in support of the rest of their lives.

The scornful nostril and the high head gather not the odors that lie on the track of truth.

Hey There to all of us. My Group Is totally from Greece and i also feature a newer world wide web. Kindly Visit my web-site and inform me your opinion. You Can See a lof of ideas and information on my job. This Is zero-cost 100% and without registrator. Regards To the public which will view my fresh new net site. This'll Help my work.. | συντήρηση ξύλινων δαπέδων |

trade currency online the, options forex the fact that To absolutely no jokes : http://prwt.info/index.php?q=wccforex.com!

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on January 9, 2012 12:42 AM.

Elliptical was the previous entry in this blog.

St. Patrick's Day 2012 is the next entry in this blog.