St. Patrick's Day 2012

spring 2012.jpg
70F in March in Minnesota? You've got to be kidding me. Surely there is another big snowstorm yet to come. Regardless, I rode this morning for the first time in a while. I've become wary of slipping on ice so the unicycle has stayed in the garage. Today we set out for a short training run.

I think the thing I lost after my 2 month layoff was acclimation to the seat. I was pleased that my balance was fine, and my fitness was still reasonable due to other things I'm doing, but my crotch hurt. I had trouble finding a comfortable position for the first 6 or 8 blocks. After that I forgot about it for the rest of the ride.

My favorite part of the ride wasn't anything physical, but rather my drive by the local bicycle hangout. There are two bikeshop/coffee bar/breakfast joints across the street from each other at 4th and Churchill and I like to ride down 4th and up Churchill on my way back home. Middle age guys in red Lycra, snappy bikes and thickening beltlines were hanging around the outside tables with their lattes when I rode past. The last thing I heard as I approached the corner was a voice saying, "yeah, its all carbon" in reference to some type of rim on his machine, and then as I rode past, nothing but silence. Once clear the conversations picked up again, not likely about the joys of unicycling.

Its great to be out again. The trails will be dry soon.

Thanks for this plugin.

Hi there. Very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds additionally...I'm satisfied to find numerous helpful information here within the post. Thanks for sharing.

Exactly what I was looking for, appreciate it for posting . "Every failure is a step to success..." by William Whewell.

Simply to follow up on the update of this topic on your website and would want to let you know how much I appreciated the time you took to write this beneficial post. Within the post, you spoke of how to actually handle this thing with all ease. It would be my pleasure to accumulate some more tips from your blog and come up to offer other folks what I have benefited from you. I appreciate your usual excellent effort.

I found as a result several interesting gear in your blog especially its discussion. Commencing the tons of comments by your articles, I suppose I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep awake the clear work.

I am not dependable qualification it is immediately my machine, but I am unable to view approximately of your images correctly. I am using Chrome on the contrary a little equipment are not loading. Public Networking Software

You made some first rate factors there. I appeared on the web for the problem and found most people will go along with together with your website.

Superb redeployment having stimulating numbers. You might want to ensuing to the represent matter!?!

I am not frank wonderful with English on the contrary I stumble on this especially leisurely to interpret.

Great - I should certainly declare I'm impressed with your website. I had no bug navigating through every one tabs as anyway as associated in sequence. The locate wrecked positive human being accurately relaxed to access. Trivial job..

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on March 17, 2012 2:09 PM.

Riding snow was the previous entry in this blog.

Cars is the next entry in this blog.