Horses

horses.png
Riding the Gateway trail I usually come across horses and their riders. The trail is really two trails in the section I ride: a paved multi-use trail and an unpaved horse trail. The rules of the trail say that those on horseback using the horse trail must first purchase a permit. Other users are also allowed, and are not required to buy the permit.

Most riders are very congenial, and all the horses I've approached or passed are very calm. However, I've recently decided to dismount or where possible to ditch over to the paved trail when passing or approaching two or more horses. Even though they've always been calm, they are big beasts and haven't had much experience with unicycles before so I don't want to cause them to bolt, particularly with a student rider.

Here's a brief encounter with a pair earlier today. I was pretty tired and coming to the end of a 10+ mile ride, but really it wasn't any trouble to dismount, walk by and greet the riders. They seemed a little snarky for some reason, but that's their problem, not mine.

We're sorry, you need Javascript enabled to view this video.

Also, for the first time ever, I came across two other unicyclists. We passed by each other on one of the bridges and I think all of us were surprised. They had some tricked out 36" touring unicycles with bars but I didn't catch the type, and of course I forgot to turn on the video camera!

Is there anyhow you can choose out the pgc icon, top suitable?
sisi

Whats up. Very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also...I'm glad to locate a lot of useful info here within the article. Thanks for sharing.

I am only writing to let you be aware of of the cool experience my friend's princess enjoyed using the blog. She came to find too many pieces, not to mention what it's like to have an ideal teaching mood to have other people without difficulty know selected impossible subject areas. You truly exceeded people's desires. Many thanks for churning out these useful, safe, informative as well as fun guidance on this topic to Ethel.

It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations.

I had been honored to receive a call coming from a friend immediately he found the important recommendations shared in your site. Studying your blog write-up is a real brilliant experience. Thank you for taking into account readers just like me, and I wish you the best of success like a professional in this discipline.

Wow, amazing! thanks accordingly a good deal in support of the effort in reorganization this.

With the purpose of horror could reach every one of punish excluding few.

Really clear in a row can live bring into being taking place net blog .

Even the longest day has its end.

Just wanna comment on few general things, The website layout is perfect, the subject material is real great. "The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on." by Joseph Heller.

Great - I be supposed to undoubtedly utter I'm impressed with your website. I had no bug navigating through every tabs as well as correlated information. The locate ended cheery living being correctly laid-back to access. Fine job..

I am very blissful to interpret this. This is the kind of details that needs to be set and not the accidental cant that is by the other blogs. Be pleased about your sharing this greatest doc.

I have been reading out countless of your posts and i can entitlement intellectual things. I will achieve assured to bookmark your blog.

This page contains a single entry by Thomas Michaels published on April 22, 2012 5:43 PM.

Cars was the previous entry in this blog.

Checking behind is the next entry in this blog.