Scientific Method

My experience goes back many years when I was challenged with the task that all of us as young children experience, tying our shoes.

shoe laces.jpg

Observing the challenge before me it seemed to be a very difficult task at the time. I knew there must be a way since all of the older people had their shoes tied. How did they do it? I began to imagine different methods of how to arrange the laces in order to mimic the others. I thought of using different sized loops and when to wrap the lace around the other and finally how to finish the knot. I then began to experiment with the various hypothesis that I had come up with. After each attempt the loops would be different sizes or the final knot would be something resembling a square knot that was difficult to untie. After each attempt I found myself returning back to the beginning of the process that I started with the initial observation.

This page contains a single entry by guzi0024 published on October 15, 2009 10:06 AM.

FloatingtremoloLF was the previous entry in this blog.

Bike Scientific Method is the next entry in this blog.