Potatoes and beans

Russet Potatoes.jpg
This, unsurprisingly, is a bag of potatoes. In fact, they are the Russet Burbank cultivar of potatoes. Supposedly they make good french fries. They do have a different mouthfeel than other potatoes, so there is a difference between cultivars. They were probably grown in Idaho, the most potato-y state, but I didn't question the Roundy's people to find out.

Beans.jpg
And these are beans. Amazing, I know. The black beans and the great northern beans are as labeled. The baked beans are made from white beans, or so said the ingredients this morning when I read them.
Obviously, different breans have different colors. Other than that, I've never done a side-by-side tasting of different beans, and have never actually noticed a difference myself between beans. As the internet tells me there are differences, and I have a base assumption that people aren't all insane, there probably is a difference.

Oh! I figured out what was wrong with the computer/camera system.
The camera clock is ahead, so the pictures didn't show up until the time on the computer was past the time on the pictures. Fun!

That computer vs camera clock thing is nuts! How did you figure that out?

This page contains a single entry by Mathew Ryden published on December 8, 2009 6:16 PM.

was the previous entry in this blog.

Things that were alive before it snowed is the next entry in this blog.