Ramirez won't be a Dodger next season

Los Angeles Dodger's left-fielder Manny Ramirez told reporters Monday that he is unlikely to return to the team after this upcoming season.

Ramirez is not ruling out the possibility of playing baseball next season, but the slugger did confirm that he is most likely not going to return to the Dodgers, according to Espn.

"I won't be here next year, so I just want to enjoy myself," Ramirez said, according to Espn.

Ramirez is in the final year of his 2 year $45 million dollar contract. He realizes that if he is a dominant offensive force this season, which has been the story of his career, that the Dodgers are not going to have a lucrative contract ready for him, due to their uncertain financial situation, according to The New York Times.

What Ramirez does know is that he feels good about the way he prepared for this upcoming season. "From the waist down, I feel 15," Ramirez said. "From the neck up, I feel 43. I feel good," according to Espn.

This page contains a single entry by miche299 published on February 22, 2010 9:38 PM.

Analysis: Spot and follows was the previous entry in this blog.

Cheney has a heart attack is the next entry in this blog.