Introduction

So, the abbreviated version goes something like this: My advisor says, "You're coming with me to Israel for six months." And I say, "Er, um, okay. That sounds interesting."

And then umpteen dozen people (which is to say, at least five or six) announced that they wanted regular updates. It occurred to me that there might even be people who would find such dispatches interesting, who had not said anything to me. More likely, the resulting barrage of "look at me, I'm standing on a rock!" emails would make some of the outspoken regret their pluck.

Hence I turn to that lovely genre of the new millenium, the travel blog. Which you are reading. Good for you.

I just wanted to tell you that this is great. I really look forward to reading your entries of your time in Israel.

Well, I certainly appreciate the encouragement. Here's hoping I live up to expectations.

This page contains a single entry by Milligan published on September 23, 2004 2:13 AM.

First Light is the next entry in this blog.