Long Walk, More Walls

Sorry for not posting yesterday ... and what's going to be a fairly perfunctory post today. Long day of not working followed by long day of catching up on stuff. It happens.

Especially when you decide it's a nice day for a long stroll through the West Bank.

Took the bus into Jerusalem yesterday, from where I walked to Bethlehem. A wonderful excursion, on which details will follow when I've sorted through the photos and notes I took a bit. First impressions include: more sunscreen wouldn't have hurt; there sure ain't much oversight of who enters the West Bank; the Field of the Apparition to the Sheperds run by the Franciscan monks is less convincing than the one run by the local YMCA.

beth_walls1sm.jpg
It's those walls again. Later, pictures of that distant one from up close. That antenna turns out to be right at the crossing-point into Bethlehem. 2005:06:06 12:32:28

This page contains a single entry by Milligan published on June 7, 2005 9:46 PM.

Spin Damage was the previous entry in this blog.

Jerusalem Day is the next entry in this blog.