Mid-range Outlook

There's a big Pacific air mass moving across North America in the coming week. Funny thing about that. From my perspective it's a balmy warm front; it was -6°F when I got home last night, but our weekend lows will be near 20°F. On the other hand, my folks down in Texas will see it as a strong cool front, dropping their daily highs from near 70°F into the 40s, with lows in the 20s.

Takes a fair amount of thermal inertia in an airmass to render an entire continent isothermal.

I think I need to resign myself to the fact that this blog won't be terribly interesting until sometime in January. Between our collaboration meeting just before Christmas, spending the holidays with my family, and prepping for my oral prelims in mid-January, I don't have the time I'd like to keep up with the world in particular detail.

If I get a spare moment now and then, though, I've got a tremendous backlog of photos to post.

This page contains a single entry by Milligan published on December 6, 2005 12:24 PM.

Christmas: The Commercial was the previous entry in this blog.

Pharyngula on Deck is the next entry in this blog.