New Years Meme

Well, I'm back in action. Back in Minnesota, too. To round out the year, here's that year-ending blog meme that always goes around. This year, I'll be using Gemma's simplified formulation:

Here are the first and last sentence (or so) of each month of 2006 on EGAD:

• Jan 7: Tomorrow I relocate from Texas back to balmy Minnesota.
  • Jan 25: According to al-Zahar, a diplomatic-security-economic accord can be reached between the parties based on a "hudna" (truce) as part of which the Palestinians would agree to establish a state on the territory they are given.
  • Feb 1: Eesh. Every time I decide to go back to posting daily 'round here, I go and have a week like this and don't post at all.
  • Feb 26: Chicago, maybe? Feels like I haven't been back there in forever.
  • March 1: And for today's surreal moment from the news, via Majikthise, the Washington Post brings you: 55 House Democrats issued a joint statement yesterday on the central role that the Catholic faith plays in their public lives.
  • March 31: Although at the last, it was doing a good impression of the fuzzy protrusions and wakes often claimed to be photographs of the Loch Ness monster, just the crest of some large dream barely breaking the surface of the lawn.
  • April 1: Dean gave me a cool idea for visualizing the big cyclonic vortex spinning across the Great Lakes that's providing so much interesting weather and announcing rather boldly that the vernal season is upon us.
  • April 30: Should this laughable thing actually pass, I plan to endorse my check over to the DFL.
  • May 1: Happy May Day. Go protest something.
  • May 30: Although it will put a crimp in my research time, I'm rather looking forward to putting in some classroom hours again. Wouldn't want to get rusty.
  • June 1: Over the weekend there was an article at Firedoglake that begins with, There is no "War on Terror.".
  • June 30: Now we're good to go for another year of starstruck visitors.
  • July 1: Yesterday I took a field trip with one of my roommates to Wisconsin.
  • July 20: My attempts to photoblog my life in real time never pan out, mostly because I'm too picky about processing the photos I post, but I should have nice photos from the Tetons when I get back.
  • Aug 5: Hey, look! I'm back online!
  • Aug 29: I'll be taking off tomorrow (Wednesday) to hang at the State Fair with one of my roomies. If anyone wants to play hookie and join in, let me know.
  • Sept 10: The busy bit continues; I should have things nearly under control again; I shall resume regular posting when I resume; I have not abandoned EGAD.
  • Sept 29: So, wish me luck with that.
  • Oct 8: Yes, I'm still here, but the semester still hasn't let up enough to allow a return to regular posting.
  • Oct 31: Presumably it exists to exterminate all non-pumpkin pie forms.
  • Nov 2: In a bit of self-promotion by proxy, I'd point those as have an interest at this article, wherein one of my old cosmology profs lays out in reasonably straightforward terms the theory behind the experiment my group is trying to pull off.
  • Nov 23: So, you know, don't buy anything. It'll be good for the soul.
  • Dec 1: December...is a tricky month. In general I'm quite fond of it.
  • Last sentence of December: not written yet, but very likely to be "Have a happy New Years."

2006 seems to have been marked by a gradual drop-off in posting frequency. This is partly because I've been busy, and partly because EGAD is conceived as a travel blog and I haven't really travelled anywhere new this year. And while around elections I post a good deal about politics, I have neither the time nor loquacity to actually run a political blog. But mostly it was because I've been busy pursuing other things. I'll try to keep you folks more in the loop next year.

This page contains a single entry by Milligan published on December 31, 2006 2:10 PM.

Ping! was the previous entry in this blog.

New Years Eve is the next entry in this blog.