Progress

Yesterday Lewis "Scooter" Libby became the highest-ranking administration official since the Regan era to be convicted of a felony. The kicker is that even the jury felt kind of bad for him, since he was pretty clearly just covering for the Vice President. In the past 24 hours I've seen impeachment mentioned two or three times by folks on the supposedly moderate side of the pool, where heretofore the "I-bomb" has been the four-letter elephant in the room. (Have fun with that one, metaphor purists!)

More immediately, since Fitzgerald apparently doesn't plan to restart the investigation (barring Scooter having an attack of honesty as the slammer looms) the calls are already starting up for Congress to pick this up. (Andrew Sullivan, nominal conservative though slightly to the sane of Joe Klein, is a good example of what I'm seeing.) I've got a good feeling here.

This page contains a single entry by Milligan published on March 7, 2007 12:08 PM.

Am I a Left-wing Extremist? was the previous entry in this blog.

Long Way to Go is the next entry in this blog.