Weekend qestions

There are a few qestions that came up over the weekend:

1. What happens to the stuff on a white board when it is erased? Does the eraser need to be clapped out like a chalkboard eraser?

This is something I think about all the time. All those markings on the board over time, and yet the eraser never seems to be "full." This is the type of qestion that human beings will never be able to answer. The only possibility is that God is responsible.

2. Is it morally acceptable for a married woman to kiss a gay man?

It depends. Is she happily married? Is he happily gay? Does the husband of the woman kiss lesbians? You can see that there is no simple yes or no to this qestion.

3.What would you like to rant about?

I'm glad you asked. I would like to rant about people who disrupt my learning environment. This includes people whose cell phones ring during class. Okay, cell phones have been around a few years now, your grace period is over. At this point, forgetting to turn off your cell phone is grounds for immediate placement into "special" classes.

The second kind of interruption is people who walk in to class late. Most of the time it's not a big deal because they are quiet, class has just started, and they go to the back. But once in a while, every so often, that guy walks in fifteen minutes late, slams the door, and then walks through a completely full row in the front of the room to sit in the open seat directly in front of the lecturer, all while wearing a bright tie-dye t-shirt with swear words on it. This could not be more distracting. The whole time he's saying, "Excuse me. Sorry. Pardon. Excuse me." Oh, he said "excuse me." No, go ahead. If you say "excuse me" you have the right to make any kind of disruption you like. Want to play the trumpet during a lecture? Just say "excuse me." If you want to sit in the front row with your laptop open looking at pornographic images, it's fine as long as you say you're sorry in advance.

The final disruption is when people start packing all of their things together a few minutes before a lecture is done, so that they can get a head start in going to their next class. It boggles the mind even trying to consider how many sheets of looseleaf paper and notebooks it would take to create so much noise. Do I just have supersonic hearing? Am I Superman? Sometimes I wonder if I took a wrong turn and wandered into the Georgia-Pacific paper mill in Green Bay. Surely ream after ream of paper being thrown together in a paper mill could make that much noise. But notebooks in a classroom? Posted by mill1991 at October 4, 2004 8:44 AM