Thank you President Bush

The quote "May you live in interesting times" is sometimes referred to as a (translated) Chinese proverb or curse. An alternate version of this curse could be "May you be inspired by your politicians' speeches." All throughout my life I've been thoroughly bored by political debate and discussion, frustrated into apathy by political gridlock and intraction. But lately I've been inspired by several different politicians, and I've been feeling really good about the future, and I owe it all to the massive ill will that has been built up by President Bush, and the overwhelming and tiring amount of cynicism that his leadership promotes.

Here are some of the things that have inspired me.

1. Barack Obama's speech on Martin Luther King Day:
  2. Chris Dodd's speech in the Senate about the FISA bill (really, why the fuck should I care about this? And yet, here I am, inspired by W's amazing incompetence and arrogance!)
  3. Russ Feingold's speech in the Senate on the same topic.
I know I've probably alienated half my readership by posting all these speeches by Democrats (sorry, Al), but these leaders have got me interested in politics, and more young people interested in politics is better, right? Posted by mill1991 at January 24, 2008 12:17 PM