I am officially part of the Hollywood elite

I now have my first commercial directing job under my belt. Chevy has put up a flash application that allows you to design a commercial for their Tahoe brand gaz guzzler. If you would like to make your own, there is a link on my commercial.

And now, without further ado: here is my commercial:

A meditation on the nature of the essential spirit. Catchy title, huh?

Posted by mill1991 at 7:24 PM

A note to my co-worker

Dear Coworker,

It is with great pleasure that I present to you this free book of time saving tips. I want you to have it. What? No, I do not want it back. No, no, no, I don't want any money for it, you can just have it. Huh? No, I haven't read it myself. That's the thing. In exchange for this book, I don't want anything except for you to read it. Then, everytime you want to waste 10 minutes of my life by telling me a stupid story about your family or your dogs or your favorite TV show, you must first give me one of the tips that you have read from the book, so that I can get those 10 minutes of my life back.

What? Why are you crying? I'm really doing this for you. Do you really want to be known as the person who robs precious minutes of my valuable time every day? With these tips, I can save up to an hour every day, while only losing the 10 minutes that you insist on stealing with your semi-coherent ramblings. So, on the whole, you could potentially make my life even more productive, despite my having to put up with those seemingly endless strings of words you call stories.

Sincerely,

Your coworker

Posted by mill1991 at 6:52 PM

Hilarious media links

• The Colbert Report video - Hilarious satire of "debates" on news personality shows, with guest David Cross
  • The Heist (mp3) - The guys behind "Chronic (what) cles of Narnia?" did this rap song that has a similar vibe
  • The Daily Show video - John Hodgman explains the difference between India and Pakistan
  • Ninja backflip guy - My favorite video ever
  • Snakes on a Plane trailer - This is the movie that has the Internet buzzing right now. If you haven't heard already, they just went back and reshot a scene to add Samuel L. Jackson saying "I want these mother fucking snakes off the mother fucking plane!" By the way, for all the latest news on this front, check out Snakes on a Blog
  • Heat Vision and Jack (30 min video) - A pilot done for Fox by Ben Stiller, starring Jack Black, Owen Wilson, and Ben Stiller's wife. When these guys all have kids, they're only going to have sex with each other.
Posted by mill1991 at 8:54 PM

Business idea

If I owned my own business, instead of having "Casual Friday", I would make it "Extremely Overdressed Friday", and everyone would have to wear tuxedos or formal gowns.
Posted by mill1991 at 8:59 AM

A great idea for a touching romantic comedy film

I am not a movie executive by profession. I could be, though, since I look down on the common man and I also wear expensive suits with slicked back hair. That is, my hair is slicked back, not that I have back hair that I keep slicked. Although if I did have back hair, rest assured I would slick it. But I digress. The point is that I still have great movie ideas, even though I'm not a fancy high-paid movie executive. I am just a regular guy who does cocaine off of regular mirrors, not off of some high-priced prostitute's fake breasts.
Here is my idea:

The title is "Must Hate Dogs". Its about a guy who has all kinds of trouble finding a mate, and hates dogs, and also about a woman whose husband died and is looking to start dating again, and she is kind of undecided about dogs. So, being pathetic lonely losers, they both start using personal ads. Except the guy puts in every ad, "Must hate dogs", because that's important to him. One time, though, that part gets cut off of his ad by a dog that is running by and chews on the truckstop singles magazine he had advertised in ("Lonely Road" is one possible title for the prop magazine) . Oh yeah, he's also a gay trucker. With the dog hating removed, his ad is very appealing, because he is very fit and does not have any STDs. So he meets like a bunch of guys because now his ad doesn't offend other gay truckers who do like dogs. And he realizes that it didn't really matter, because truckers can't have dogs with them anyways.

So, that is the basic outline of the plot. Somewhere in there, there has to be a dating montage where he goes out on a bunch of dates to truckstop bathrooms with other gay truckers, set to music like "It's Raining Men" and "YMCA". At the end of the movie, viewers will be overcome with emotion, but also puzzled about why there was a woman at the beginning. There are two reasons for her. First, it causes a twist in the plot that will leave the audience excited to see what will happen next!!?? Second, at the end, after the gay trucker plot thread seems resolved, the camera will zoom in on the woman, and you will see that her eye is an electronic device, so that she is a robot, and she is holding a sniper rifle outside the gay trucker's house. And that's the end of the movie! (There's going to be a sequel)

Posted by mill1991 at 10:12 PM

Hot Link!

Check out the latest video from M.C. Hammer. What is not to like about this video? He may have switched the beat up, but he's still got the same 1991 flow! And the dancers are all dressed like extras in a prom scene from "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." And he still doesn't curse. Awesome. Oh, and if you have time, check out The Hammer Blog.
Posted by mill1991 at 9:20 AM