The goal of this project is to "hack" my car to include a speech recognition system. I think my first goal should be to be able to control my stereo via voice control. If this should work out, my next task would be to control more encapsulated functions like the heating/cooling system and windows. The purpose of this blog is to track my progress on this project. I don't expect to update extremely
frequently, as school will be starting soon and I have other research. Depending on how fast the early stuff can be done, I may have to delay the bulk of this project until summer, due to actual research and classes (I know, they're such a drag). But insofar as I do make progress, I will update this site with it. So, if you're actually interested, keep an
) and don't bother checking until I update.
The tagline of this site is "Tracking the failure of my latest pie in the sky project." Sometimes I start projects that are a little too ambitious for my limited time, finances, and intelligence. One reason for keeping a project log (plog) is that with my potential failure or success out in the public, I may be more motivated to actually complete the project. The worst case scenario is that I'll have a record of my project, and I might be able to tell where I went wrong or right.
Posted by mill1991 at 12:44 PM
| Comments (2)