Winona State vs. Concordia St. Paul

Finally, it is here. This weekend, Winona State University (9-1, 6-0) puts it's unbeaten conference record on the line against hated foe Concordia-St. Paul (7-3, 4-2). Last year, at CSP, Samp was held to a season low one catch for fourteen yards as Concordia-St. Paul triumphed 23-20 in overtime. Allegations later surfaced that the defensive backs from CSP were using an illegal substance, namely Kryptonite.

With all that said, Samp is expected to have a breakout game, in an attempt to seal his bid for the Heisman Trophy. He will have extra incentive because of the disappointment in last year's loss, which was the Warriors only loss in conference. Last week I mentioned that Samp always exceeds even the boldest of predictions that are made in these weekly previews. For this reason, I am going to attempt some outlandish predictions this week, but bare with me. If my record holds up, Samp will still outperform them. So, here goes: I predict that Samp will have 14 catches for 700 yards and 7 touchdowns. If he hits 747 yards, that will put him above 2000 receiving yards on the year. Posted by mill1991 at November 5, 2004 10:55 AM