« U of M professor composes 9/11 opera | Main | AT&T teaches seniors to text »

Sen. Chuck Hagel questions Palin's qualifications

Many Nebraska Republicans felt anger toward Sen. Chuck Hagel Thursday after Hagel questioned Sarah Palin's experience to serve as president, according to the Omaha World Herald.

Mark Quandahl, chairman of the Nebraska GOP, told the Omaha World Herald that State Republicans are "worn out" with Hagel and his controversial comments about other Republicans.

"The views expressed are his own and would not refelct the views of the Nebraska Republican Party and msot Nebraskans, let alone most Nebraska Republicans," Quandahl told the Omaha World Herald.

The World Herald reported Hagel is the most prominent Republican to question Palin's qualifcations.

Hagel questioned Palin's foreign policy credentials and said it was a "stretch" to say she has experience to become president.

"She doesn't have any foreign policy credentials," Hagel told the Omaha World Herald in an earlier article cited by the Miami Herald. "You get a passport for the first time in your life last year? I mean, I don't know what you can say. You can't say anything."

McCain and other Republicans continue to defend Palin's qualifications.

Palin cited Alaska's proximity to Russia in defense of her knowledge of foreign policy, according to a report in the Miami Herald.

The following quote ran in the Miami Herald from any earlier Omaha World Hearld article, "I think they ought to be just honest about it and stop the nonsense about, 'I look out my window and I see Russia and so therefore I know something about Russia," he told the Omaha World-Herald. "That kind of thing is insulting to the American people."

Nebraska Republicans beleive Hagel should also be questioning Barack Obama's foreign policy experience as well.

Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman told the Omaha World Herald he did not know if Hagel would be welcomed at Republican party events within the state, as so many disagree with his comments.