Copy WRONG

For this assignment we are required to pick a piece of artwork from the Tweed Museum of Art and "reinvent" it. I chose to reconstruct a piece by Phylip Evergood entitled Pittsburgh Family.

One of the reasons behind my choice surrounds the ideal that people thought Evergood's work was consistently a sustained study of relationships between people and the environments and actions in which he so closely and thoughtfully observed them. My aim is to show how Evergood was not merely a satirist, but an artist who's meaning behind his work was reformed from the social and political ideals of his time.

Here is a picture of Evergood's Pittsburgh Family:

16.jpg

My plan is to take certain images and elements from this piece, adding text and elements of my own, to show an introverted speculation of the artist.

First Set of Images

Pittsburgh Family.jpg

Pittsburgh Family2.jpg

Here is one of my final concepts!

Pittsburgh-Family-4.jpg

These are my PDF's that we are supposed to have hard copies for in class! I just thought I would post them up here for anyone that wants to see what I did.