Sketches for Type

Photo0027.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

These look really cool! They are perfect embodiments of the qualities you outline underneath each letterform. Are you going to try to combine these two styles in one or are you trying to decide between them? I think I would go for the second one, personally, because I feel this "decay" typeface goes more with the themes of the book (the deterioration of democracy, decay of freedom and morale, etc.). It would be neat to combine both letterforms into one typeface though, because they are similar enough to unite the typeface but different enough to provide interest/variety, etc.

These are really awesome Steve... I especially like the second one with the jagged edges. It seems to have a lot of emotion. I agree with Brittany that combining the two could create an interesting typeface. I have never read this book but based on what you have written about it, I think your sketches represent it well.

This page contains a single entry by mill3600 published on September 11, 2010 8:10 PM.

Final Journal Entry was the previous entry in this blog.

Pieces is the next entry in this blog.