Package ReDesign for Fiber One

We were assigned in my Graphic Design III class to go into a grocery store and find a product to revamp. A lot of people in my class found products with absolutely terrible designs, which were easy to improve. I wanted to do something though that would really look good for a portfolio piece, so I chose General Mills' Fiber One. It's not that it necessarily needed a new design, I just thought that I would be able to do it better. Here's what I have, enjoy!

Old Package:
fiber-one-bars.jpeg

New Design:
Fiber One Digital Sketch3.jpg

Entire Package:
Fiber One Package.jpg

Gift Certificate for Drivers Unlimited

This is a gift certificate I designed for Drivers Unlimited. The company is based out Connecticut, and though they are just starting up, they are hitting the ground running. I wanted to keep that feeling of elegance in the design of their certificates, with a look that gives off feeling of importance. Simple, yet elegant.

50-Gift-Certificate1.jpg

Logo Design for Haugan Group

This is a logo I designed for Haugan Group. I based the design off of the companies initial value of merging company values with customer needs. The end product was an overall success.

Logo1.jpg

Report Design

This is a pdf I designed for a company called Attract Dream Clients. They contracted me out as a graphic designer! Overall, the ending product was a success.

Cover PageCollated-Report-Cover.jpg

PDF
Collated Report.pdf

CD Cover

Here is a CD cover that I did for a singer named True Concept, you should look him up!

180423_10150110452478838_803043837_6416470_1844011_n.jpg

True Concept2.jpg

Postcard Mailer Ad

This is just a postcard mailer I made for a company called Dormco; an online merchandising store that aims directly at college students, specifically those who live in the dorms.

Back Postcard.jpg

Front Postcard.jpg

iPad User Manual Page

I have made a mock iPad user manual for class, this is just a trial version of a user manual i made using html and css coding in Dreamweaver.

iPad User Manual.jpg

Gift Certificates

I was asked to design this gift certificate for a company called Executive Limousines. The company was very impressed with my designs so now they want me to be their designer for any odd jobs they might have!

10 Gift Certificate.jpg

25 Gift Certificate.jpg

50 Gift Certificate.jpg

Vector CAD Designs

Here are some designs I did for Bootees-Love Your Boots. About the company; I have done some banner designs for their website, now they are moving on to manufacturing their new products. They asked me to design their product so this is what I came up with!

Skulls CAD.jpg

Tetris Hearts CAD.jpg

Zebra CAD.jpg

ZOMP Cad.jpg

Business Needs Design

Design.jpg

Designs.jpg

Designing.jpg

Typography Analysis

Symphonies

I selected a song by Dan Black called Symphonies. Not only did I choose this song because of its possibilities to be a great comp but also because, it seems, that every time I listen to this song it just inspires me in some unique way that I can't even word. I chose the phrase towards the middle-beginning, "A scrap of paper, thin as vapor filling my clothes like smoke a couple of the wires in my heart are broke". This is a fragment in the song right when there seems to be a tension building up and up, all the instruments stop for just a second or two and its just him singing and then they each come in one by one starting to build up something which I think is beautiful. I want to show this in my composition by reiterating fragments and using different techniques to add depth and meaning to each of the words.

GRAPHIC-POEM-2.jpg

Alphabet Promotional Poster

My project is based on a classic book entitled 1984 by George Orwell.

The book itself was published in 1949 written as a literary political fiction in the year 1984. The story occurs in Oceania, one of three intercontinental super-states who divided the world among themselves after a global war. The Oceanic province had once been early England or Britain. Everywhere throughout the story there are posters of the Party leader, Big Brother, bearing the caption BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, while the telescreen (transcieving television) ubiquitously monitors the private and public lives of the populace. The social class system is threefold: the upper-class Inner Party, the middle-class Outer Part, and the lower-class Proles who represent 85% of the population and mostly consist of the working class. The novel depicts an oligarchical collectivist society where life in the Oceanian province of Airstrip One is a world of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, and incessant public mind control. The individual is always subordinated to the masses, and it is in part this philosophy which allows the Party to manipulate and control humanity. In the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue, in Newspeak), protagonist Winston Smith is a civil servant responsible for perpetuating the Party's propaganda by revising historical records to render the Party omniscient and always correct, yet his meagre existence disillusions him to the point of seeking rebellion against Big Brother, eventually leading to his arrest, torture, and conversion.

I used the society of Airstrip One as the methodology for setting my typeface. In 1984, the majority of the populace lives in poverty; hunger, disease and filth are the norms along with ruined cities and towns which are the consequence of the civil war, atomic wars and enemy rockets. When traveling about London rubble, social decay and wrecked buildings surround Winston Smith; other then the Party's ministerial pyramids, little of London was rebuilt. These conditions and standard of living develop the style of my typeface. It communicates the poor living conditions, the tone of the story, and time in which it occurs.

Promotional-Poster.jpg

Uppercase-Alphabet.pdf

Lowercase-Alphabet.pdf

Duluth Transit iPhone App

Front ends of this interface will include an icon similar to that of the Duluth Transit Authority's (DTA) initial logo with the exception that it is now iphone application friendly. The purpose of the application is to supply information that one would initially have to look up and search for online, filtering the content between the DTA's Web site and the icon that is supplied on your iphone. The icon would be the face of the application when searched for in iphone applications, the bus being a static symbol of what the DTA is about.
This application functions as a filter of the data stream which the DTA web site provides. As being an operator of mass transportation in Duluth, their service is also provided in Proctor and Superior as well as the eastern edge of Hermantown. During peak hours, the average of 45 buses will be in service at any one.
The content of this web site has already been made readily available. Just inside of the Kirby Center located at the University of Minnesota campus there are brochures that indicate which buses will be arriving at which destinations and at what time. Now there is an application that will give you the same amount of information and can be made available at the touch of button. Studies show that upon numerous occasions students have missed a bus because they did not know what time it was going to show up at, now they have the opportunity get past the struggle and yield the right information they need to get from destination to destination right on their cell phones. This is an ability that could be highly utilized. The uniqueness of this application is that it targets the people of Duluth specifically. One would not obtain this application if they lived in say Utah or New York. It is for a targeted demograph of the general population of Duluth. The DTA has experienced significant changes since the public bus system was put into operation in February of some 40 years ago. Changes which include expanding commercial growth in Duluth's Miller Hill corridor and the Tower Avenue corridor in Superior. The metropolitan area has shifted from a highly industrial one to an area that is more focused on tourism and the service industries. Medical and University populations continue to grow dramatically which ensue a population shift from the inner city area to the outer fringes of each community. These changes have created a more widespread residential population which would develop a hierarchy among the population. The wealthier of the population being able to afford luxuries as the iphone. The DTA iphone application would be wide spread within the population of Duluth, making this very successful.
The conception of the application considers that there are multiple streams or sources of this content. The content, which can found in many such place as; on the UMD campus, or at the transit center, or online if you had a local internet connection, serves the need, desires and interests of the audience of Duluth. Applications such as this one make it possible to do several things at the same, for example, eating your dinner while checking when the next bus will come strolling in, or driving to the bus station and checking to see if you have time for a pit stop. The audience is served in high degree to supply their need for information on the bus schedules, times and routes at any given time.

Thumbnail image for DTA-Design.jpg>

Thumbnail image for iphoneapplications.jpg

Thumbnail image for dta app.jpg

The Joker

I don't know about anyone else, but after seeing the second Batman movie I felt that the Joker really stole the show. So, in response to that, I came up with a design entitled "The Joker". I took a pattern on one of his shirts that he wears in the movie (sort of a hexagon shape) and used it to create this picture; made using Adobe Illustrator first, then onto paper, then brought into Adobe Photoshop to finish it out. I lost the original after my computer crashed but I still have this which is a bit pixilated. Enjoy!

The Joker Design Pic.jpg

Forbes Magazine Project

This is a spec ad done for Forbes magazine. It includes a cover page and then a 3 page layout all done with the traditional style that Forbes uses for its design.

Forbes Magazine Project-1.jpg

Forbes Magazine Project-2.jpg

Specialty Newspaper Front Page

Mock newspaper front page with two articles and an invitation to look at other articles inside. First article is larger with higher resolution graphic and unique headline that suits the style. Second article also has a graphic and text. All text is found on the web and cut and pasted into the layout. Columns are even at the bottom and design follows style of New York Times articles.

Newspaper Assignment.jpg

Skyy Advertisement

This is a spec ad for Skyy vodka redone. The one previous to this had a big ugly woman hand, with fingers that looked like claws, clutching the pineapple. I thought it looked horrible so I recomposed the entire ad and this is what I came up with!

Skyy-Ad.jpg

Rapprochement of Culture

Our teacher came to us with an opportunity to come up with a design for the unity of cultures movement. The specs were not to single out any one race or gender and to try and show a feeling of togetherness. After some research and speculation I came up with this idea.

Final-Poster-Aspect.jpg

Dow Industries

After thumbing through a popular mechanics magazine I noticed that Dow Industries has some pretty cool advertisements with their new Human Element marketing campaign. I decided to do some of my own and this is what I came up with! Enjoy.

Dow-Advertisement.jpg

Dow-Advertisement-2.jpg

The Brooklyn Museum of Art

Well, this project assignment was to make a working brochure for a museum of our choice. I chose the Brooklyn Museum of Art because it has significantly influenced my progress in the arts and graphic design since I was a child living in Brooklyn. Each page of the brochure has a significant color palate of the same style, for instance, the first page has a blue style to it, the next one grey and so on and so on. The pictures on each page are of and about the museum and its qualities. I chose the the style of text to match the traditional sense of the museum using a font called Moderno combined with Helvetica.

Pages-for-Brochure.pdf

Pages-for-Brochure-2.jpg

CoverMuseumPage2.pdf