Recently in Typography Category

Gift Certificate for Drivers Unlimited

This is a gift certificate I designed for Drivers Unlimited. The company is based out Connecticut, and though they are just starting up, they are hitting the ground running. I wanted to keep that feeling of elegance in the design of their certificates, with a look that gives off feeling of importance. Simple, yet elegant.

50-Gift-Certificate1.jpg

Logo Design for Haugan Group

This is a logo I designed for Haugan Group. I based the design off of the companies initial value of merging company values with customer needs. The end product was an overall success.

Logo1.jpg

Business Needs Design

Design.jpg

Designs.jpg

Designing.jpg

Typography Analysis

Symphonies

I selected a song by Dan Black called Symphonies. Not only did I choose this song because of its possibilities to be a great comp but also because, it seems, that every time I listen to this song it just inspires me in some unique way that I can't even word. I chose the phrase towards the middle-beginning, "A scrap of paper, thin as vapor filling my clothes like smoke a couple of the wires in my heart are broke". This is a fragment in the song right when there seems to be a tension building up and up, all the instruments stop for just a second or two and its just him singing and then they each come in one by one starting to build up something which I think is beautiful. I want to show this in my composition by reiterating fragments and using different techniques to add depth and meaning to each of the words.

GRAPHIC-POEM-2.jpg

Alphabet Promotional Poster

My project is based on a classic book entitled 1984 by George Orwell.

The book itself was published in 1949 written as a literary political fiction in the year 1984. The story occurs in Oceania, one of three intercontinental super-states who divided the world among themselves after a global war. The Oceanic province had once been early England or Britain. Everywhere throughout the story there are posters of the Party leader, Big Brother, bearing the caption BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, while the telescreen (transcieving television) ubiquitously monitors the private and public lives of the populace. The social class system is threefold: the upper-class Inner Party, the middle-class Outer Part, and the lower-class Proles who represent 85% of the population and mostly consist of the working class. The novel depicts an oligarchical collectivist society where life in the Oceanian province of Airstrip One is a world of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, and incessant public mind control. The individual is always subordinated to the masses, and it is in part this philosophy which allows the Party to manipulate and control humanity. In the Ministry of Truth (Minitrue, in Newspeak), protagonist Winston Smith is a civil servant responsible for perpetuating the Party's propaganda by revising historical records to render the Party omniscient and always correct, yet his meagre existence disillusions him to the point of seeking rebellion against Big Brother, eventually leading to his arrest, torture, and conversion.

I used the society of Airstrip One as the methodology for setting my typeface. In 1984, the majority of the populace lives in poverty; hunger, disease and filth are the norms along with ruined cities and towns which are the consequence of the civil war, atomic wars and enemy rockets. When traveling about London rubble, social decay and wrecked buildings surround Winston Smith; other then the Party's ministerial pyramids, little of London was rebuilt. These conditions and standard of living develop the style of my typeface. It communicates the poor living conditions, the tone of the story, and time in which it occurs.

Promotional-Poster.jpg

Uppercase-Alphabet.pdf

Lowercase-Alphabet.pdf

Rapprochement of Culture

Our teacher came to us with an opportunity to come up with a design for the unity of cultures movement. The specs were not to single out any one race or gender and to try and show a feeling of togetherness. After some research and speculation I came up with this idea.

Final-Poster-Aspect.jpg

Dow Industries

After thumbing through a popular mechanics magazine I noticed that Dow Industries has some pretty cool advertisements with their new Human Element marketing campaign. I decided to do some of my own and this is what I came up with! Enjoy.

Dow-Advertisement.jpg

Dow-Advertisement-2.jpg

The Brooklyn Museum of Art

Well, this project assignment was to make a working brochure for a museum of our choice. I chose the Brooklyn Museum of Art because it has significantly influenced my progress in the arts and graphic design since I was a child living in Brooklyn. Each page of the brochure has a significant color palate of the same style, for instance, the first page has a blue style to it, the next one grey and so on and so on. The pictures on each page are of and about the museum and its qualities. I chose the the style of text to match the traditional sense of the museum using a font called Moderno combined with Helvetica.

Pages-for-Brochure.pdf

Pages-for-Brochure-2.jpg

CoverMuseumPage2.pdf

This page is an archive of recent entries in the Typography category.

Product Design is the previous category.

Web Design is the next category.