This experiment went pretty smooth and fast.
Things to have in mind:
- It seems like all laptops have Office '10 on them now. So the part in the lab manual that speaks about the "chart wizard" confuses some of the students. Tell them to not pay attention to it unless they have an older version of Office installed.
- Tell them to be very careful with units specially units on the rate constant, frequency factor and activation energy.
- Emphasize that in the Arrhenius equation T actually stands for temperature and not time . Lots of them make that mistake.
- It is helpful to put up the equations for the integrated rate laws.
- Make sure they have the number to their datasets written down. That's what you need to grade them!
Enjoy the great weather this week :)