I hope you all had a great weekend :)
This week's lab is quite long.
Things to have in mind with this experiment:
- In the lab manual it tells them to run each experiment for 10 minutes. This is too
long. Tell them to run each for 2-3 minutes.
- Remind them to select the 415 nm wavelength and unselect the other wavelengths.
- Make sure that when they are plotting their data in Excel they have "log Q" on the
y-axis and not the x-axis.
- Encourage them to do their Excel graphs or at least the calculations neccesary for it
in the lab, while you're around. They would learn better and it would save you time
- Tell them to calibrate their spectrometers with water before starting the runs.
- In your prelab talk try not to confuse them with too many details about the calculations.
Keep reminding them that the goal is to find x,y and z (orders of reactants). Sometimes
they really get lost.
- Maybe a good idea is to remind them when the "M1V1 = M2V2" formula is used.
That's all for now,
Have a good one !