Week 1?

I saw that we should have 11 total blog entries for this course, and on week one I didn't have an entry. I completed the homework, but didn't set up my blog until the following week's assignment. Did I miss something?

Wrap-up

This was a great course. I liked the relaxed online format which allowed me to work on it when time allowed.
It would be great if the links and info were available after the course is done. There were many different topics and links that I would like to look up in the future, and it'd be nice to have them in one convenient file. Thank you for offering this course!

Week 10

I have participated in UM Web conferences, and there were definitely some 'bugs' to work out at the time. It was very difficult to follow who was speaking, and in some instances I would have preferred to have a written web chat. Voice is great, but also gives a lot of background noise that is distracting.Maybe using both tools at once would keep the chat more organized.

Week 9

Instant messaging could be a great tool when collaborating with others at work. The only time I've really utilized it was during courses when we'd use WebCT for our class meetings. It felt just like we were in the same room communicating, even though we were all over the country. It's a good way to get to know others quickly, and much more effective than just e-mailing.

Week 8

It was interesting to learn how much access students have to the internet and the equality of their networking opportunities. It challenges me to keep up with the technology that is available, since it is where we are heading.

Week 7

I explored the Google docs and Zoho sites and already have used the Google templates for presentations. I have been frustrated when using Microsoft Office, by their limited choices and difficulty opening files sent by others. When planning a display or class, I plan on using some of these new tools for more visual appeal and variety.

Week 6

I viewed several of the Wiki sites, and found great info on the Peace Corps site. I am visiting Honduras next year, and was able to find materials that we will use when planning our trip. I'd imagine many uses for the Wiki when organizing classes and researching interests. I'm bookmarking several.

podcasts

I've been using podcasts for awhile, since getting my Zune MP3. I download videos, radio and TV shows to watch when it's convenient, and also to listen to while I'm in my car for work (way more time than I like, so it helps make the time fly!).

Week 4

The Flickr site would be great for sharing photos and videos with a wide range of viewers. For some reason, it paused twice while I was watching this weeks homework, so that was my only negative with this site. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Confusion

I'm having a really hard time finding where my blog and the feeds are located. Do I need to have a separate address for each of them? I knew this was going to be confusing...

Just a test

My first blog! Just testing.