Looking back to 2007, catalogers in the MINITEX region were busy! As a whole, you cataloged 23,541 original records in WorldCat (about an 8% increase since calendar year 2006). Last year about this time we put together a list of the top 10 libraries contributing original records to WorldCat, and below you will find the top 10 list for 2007.
The same caveats apply as listed in last year's post. The list does not include any libraries that happen to batchload their holdings to OCLC. It only includes libraries that created original records using either Connexion client or Connexion browser. NOTE: The stats were pulled for the last calendar year (January 2007-December 2007).
1. Minnesota State University-Mankato (2,429)
2. North Dakota State Library (2,346)
3. Metro State University (1,240)
4. MINITEX Contract Cataloging (1,202)
5. Hennepin County Library, MN (1,032)
6. Minnesota Historical Society (886)
7. State Historical Society of North Dakota (853)
8. Traverse Des Sioux Library System, MN (822)
9. Pioneerland Library System, MN (766)
10. South Dakota State Library (598)
If you're interested in finding out how to access your own institution's stats, check out the resources below: