We've kept you informed about our changing relationship with OCLC, so you know that, as of July 1, you'll contact OCLC with support questions related to OCLC products and services.
As part of these same changes, Minitex will continue offering OCLC-related training, but now you'll also have access to training provided by other organizations around the country. Note that Minitex will be implementing differential pricing; fees for registrants from the Minitex region will be lower than those for registrants from outside our region. We don't have many training sessions scheduled yet, but look for more as we move into Fall.
Here is the official announcement about OCLC training:
- Minitex and OCLC continue to work together on behalf of OCLC member libraries.
- We are pleased to announce that OCLC and Minitex will work together to provide you with expanded access to quality OCLC training and related educational offerings.
- Minitex has been certified to provide OCLC training--adhering to specific standards and use of OCLC-developed curriculum to ensure consistency of training objectives across all OCLC product and service areas.
- As an OCLC-certified training provider, Minitex makes its OCLC-related course offerings available on the OCLC Training Portal, a Web-based, customer-centered resource that allows you to locate and register for courses that meet your personal learning objectives.
- The Training Portal displays OCLC-certified courses from all Training Partners across the U.S. All of the courses listed on the Training Portal are available to anyone interested in learning more about using OCLC products and services.
- Social networking features available on the Training Portal allow you to join groups, add friends, bookmark courses and much more.
- The OCLC Training Portal will be accessible starting July 1, 2009, by visiting the OCLC Training Portal Web site.
- For questions regarding the OCLC Training Portal, call 1-800-848-5800, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions specific to training opportunities offered by Minitex, call 800-462-5348 or 612-624-4002, visit the Minitex Training and Events Web page or email email@example.com.