Registration is open for the last two webinars on institutional repositories to be held this fall.
- November 10 on Datasets presented by MacKenzie Smith
- December 16 on Partnerships presented by Marilyn Billings
Forthcoming in 2010
- February 10 - Bob Gerrity on Selecting the Platform
- March 24 - Marisa Ramirez and Nancy Fallgren on Metadata
- April 28 - Sharon Farb, Bonnie Tijerino, and Catherine Mitchell on Consortial Implementation
- May 19 - Leah Vanderjagt on What we Thought Then and What we Know Now
Check out the ALCTS Conferences & Events page for more information and other webinars that we are offering in the spring.
"You want me to select for WHAT?" A Webinar on Selection
Join presenter Virginia Kay Williams, Acquisitions Librarian at Wichita State University on December 2 from 1 to 2pm Central for "You want me to select for WHAT? Getting started in a new area." Registration opens December 5.
"The Art of Conversation: Improving Communication between Technical Services and Public Services" to be held November 18-20, 2009.
Moderated by Sarah Simpson, Technical Services Manager at the Tulsa City-County Library, and Keri Cascio, Branch Manager at the St. Louis City-County Library District.
To access the e-Forums, register for the list at ALCTS Discussion List Web site; click on Association for Library Collections and Technical Services under the ALA Division heading; click on the list name, firstname.lastname@example.org; enter the email address where you'd like to receive the messages; username and password are required to register. Instructions for obtaining a login and password may be found on the list homepage. Participation is free and open to anyone.
Fundamentals of Collection Development begins again on November 30 and runs through January 1, 2010. Learn more or sign up now.