OCLC expects to release Connexion client 2.30 in March/April 2011. This new version will include enhancements to the existing functionality and be compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows.
All Connexion client users will be required to upgrade to version 2.30 within 6 months of its release. OCLC will announce the end of life date for versions 2.10 and 2.20 when version 2.30 is released.
Please note: Minitex will offer an introductory webinar on Client 2.30 when it is released.
Listed below are some of the enhancements included in version 2.30.
• Connexion users who subscribe to the RDA Toolkit will able to link from a displayed bibliographic or authority record to the RDA Toolkit.
• 029 fields will be relocated to the bottom of displayed bibliographic records.
• Users will be able to limit WorldCat searches by language of cataloging by selecting a language from a dropdown in the Search WorldCat dialog. The limiter can be checked or un-checked as needed. It is retained until changed.
• A CatL column will be added to the Column Settings list in the local bibliographic save file search results.
• In the Tools/Options/Batch tab, the Maximum Number of Matches to Download will be increased to now 150.
• Users will be able to explicitly turn on an option to export workforms before the records are added to WorldCat or the Authority File.
• In the Search WorldCat dropdowns several language names will be added, some language names that have changed will be updated, and a few obsolete languages will be removed.
• Additional indexes will be in the appropriate search and/or browse drop down lists in the search dialogs for WorldCat and Authorities.
• For additional information see the MARC Update Technical Bulletins: TB255, TB257, TB258.
Details about these planned future enhancements will be provided closer to their availability. For details about these enhancements, log on to Connexion and search Connexion News. A link to News appears on the View menu. To list enhancements, choose the category "System Updates" on the News search screen.