BioOne has released their 2006 progress report. Read the .pdf report online.
February 2007 Archives
"OCLC has launched the WorldCat Registry, a comprehensive directory for libraries and consortia and the services they provide. The Registry will help institutions manage and share data that define their organizations—such as institution type, location, URLs for electronic services, circulation statistics and population served—through a single, authoritative Web platform."
Today ebrary announced that it had signed Blackwell Publishing, Yale University Press, and Columbia University Press to its roster of publishing partnerships.
See the ebrary press release for more information
JSTOR is now offering current subscribers a preview of Aluka, a digital archive of resources from and about Africa. The preview period lasts until June 30, 2007. Current content includes African Plants, with other content areas to be released on a rolling basis: African Cultural Heritage Sites and Landscapes in April and Struggles for Freedom in Africa in June.
Searches on WorldCat.org can now be sorted by relevance, author, title, and date. A faceted browsing feature was also recently added.
Additionally, item-level records now feature a "Cite this Item" link that provides citation in APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, and Turabian.
Sage Publications announced the availability of Sage Full-Text on the Sage Journals Online Platform. The platform was available January 1, 2007; visit the website to see a demo of the Full-Text collection on the Journals Online platform.
Sage Full-Text will be available on the CSA platform until December 21, 2009. See the Sage and CSA Q & A for more information.
H.W. Wilson officially announced the release of WilsonWeb 2.9. Quite a bit of the site--the Search History; Print/Email/Save;Administrator's module--has been redesigned.
A press release outlined the new enhancements:
- On WilsonWeb periodical databases, the Search Results pages now display Full Text, WilsonLink, Library Holdings, and InterLibrary Loan icons directly with each record, making it clear what options are available to access each article cited.
- Brief Results and Full Citations pages feature new colors and record separators, making search results easier to review.
- PDF page images can now be emailed as direct attachments as well as links, for recipients who'd rather have the file on hand than access the web.
- The automatic bibliography creation tool can now be set to cite in Chicago/Turabian style, as well as MLA and APA formats.
- The WilsonWeb Statistics Module now displays database usage, session usage, and peak usage reports in easy-to-read bar charts, as well as in the customary table format. The Statistics Module also boasts a new layout, plus new Project Counter compliancy for a number of key statistical reports.
- Administrators can now use a larger, more prominent icon of their own to customize the WilsonWeb interface.
For more information, visit the H.W. Wilson website