With the introduction of NetLibrary's new Media Center, you and your library's users are only a mouse click away from your favorite eAudiobooks. Now available as a free download, NetLibrary Media Center is a stand-alone, desktop application for searching, managing, transferring and listening to NetLibrary eAudiobooks. Whether you're just getting started, or already have a NetLibrary eAudiobook collection, the Media Center will make it faster and easier for your users to connect, click and listen.
In order to provide users with access to the NetLibrary Media Center, you will need to complete a Media Center Activation Request and return to NetLibrary. Be sure to include your library name and ID along with staff contact information. Once you have activated Media Center, you and your users will be able to download Media Center from the www.netlibrary.org Web site and install to your desktop. Complete installation details are available from the NetLibrary Help section.
- One-click transfer to your computer or portable device. The Media Center combines a simpler, more visual user interface with streamlined navigation to create a unique user experience. With a single click, the Media Center will checkout an eAudiobook, acquire the user license, and download the title to your PC or portable device. It's that easy.
- Enhanced discovery. You can browse eAudiobooks by genre, or search for eAudiobooks by Title, Author, Subject, or Narrator. Results are displayed in your choice of list view or carousel-style glance view, and include cover images, bibliographic information and other descriptive content.
- Full-featured audio player. NetLibrary's Media Center allows you to listen to titles directly from your desktop or laptop. Integrated playback controls not only adjust the volume and pause the play, but allow you to jump from section to section and even control the pace of the narration.
- Supported devices. You can transfer eAudiobooks to a wide range of supported listening devices, including music players and media centers from Archos, Creative Labs, Samsung, Toshiba, and other manufacturer. Also be sure to watch for upcoming enhancements that will support iPod, Zune and other devices including smartphones.
- Organize and manage downloaded titles. Use the "My Stuff" tab to create lists of your favorite titles and organize downloaded eAudiobooks. You can resume listening to an eAudiobook from the point where you last stopped, renew checkout of an expired eAudiobook, or transfer downloaded eAudiobooks to your portable device.
- Title segmentation. Lost your place? No problem. For ease of download, playback and storage, eAudiobooks are divided into segments, approximately 1 hour in length, making it easy to navigate within an eAudiobook.
- Free training resources. With easy to follow step-by-step instructions, our free NetLibrary eAudiobooks guide answers many basic questions, including how to download NetLibrary Media Center, how to search for eAudiobooks, and how to transfer content to portable devices.