Dear Ovid Customer:
As you know, at Ovid we believe in a continuous technology evolution of our OvidSP platform. We deploy multiple releases throughout the year with new functionality and interface enhancements that are based directly on user and information manager feedback.
We’re pleased to announce that the next release of OvidSP will be live at the end of March! Designed to give you and your users even more search flexibility and efficiency, the following new functionality will be available as part of this release:
- Customizable Search Fields – Display frequently used fields in a new MyFields tab-you no longer have to select them each time you perform a search since OvidSP will remember them each time you log in. Easily add or remove all other fields-now located in a Show All tab-based on your preferences.
- New Limit to Star Ranking – Limit searches to generate results with a specific ranking, such as five or four stars. Remember-ranking denotes relevancy; five stars indicate the highest relevancy.
- Enhanced Limit-to-Publication-Year – You will be able to select “current” (i.e., “Limit to 2006-Current”), rather than a specific year, as your end date so you can stay up-to-date with the most current information available.
- Quarterly AutoAlerts – Set up to receive AutoAlerts on a quarterly basis.
- Improved highlighting – We’re improving the accuracy of highlighting in OvidSP for both Basic Search as well as Advanced Search. Only specific search terms used will be highlighted; these will be highlighted in yellow. Expanded terms will be highlighted in red.
- Clin-eguide customers only – You will find a new link from the main search page of all search modes directly to the Clin-eguide homepage.
Stay tuned for details on a specific time and day for this release.
In the coming weeks, you’ll see sample screenshots of these new enhancements in the OvidSP Resource Center. Remember to check the Resource Center regularly for new informational materials, training courses, and online tutorials. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Wolters Kluwer Health - Ovid