The next ProQuest platform maintenance window will be on June 27, 2009. A twelve (12) hour maintenance window will take place to install these exciting new enhancements. The window will take place from Saturday, June 27, 2009, at 22:00 Eastern Standard Time to Sunday, June 28, 2009 at 10:00 Eastern Standard Time. See below for a more complete list of times and time zones.
We are pleased to announce the following enhancements:
- MLA Citation Format Change--The citation generator is being updated to reflect the MLA documentation style found in the seventh edition.
- Full Text linking with Google Scholar--Institutions with both Google Scholar accounts and ProQuest platform subscriptions can now see links to ProQuest full text content when searching Google Scholar. To begin seeing these links, use LAD (Local Administrator) to enable Google Scholar linking.
- Author Naming Adjustments--In the citation generator area, author names will be presented in Last Name, First Name format. This is only for content that captures the author meta-data in a more granular format. This change reflects content from 2007 moving forward and will be added to archival content over time. Instances such as "staff writer" will not fit this format.
The following products will be unavailable during these windows:
- ProQuest platform products, ProQuest Historical Newspapers (traditional and graphical K12 interface), American Periodicals Series
- CSA Illumina products such as CSA Technology Research Database, Illustrata: Natural Sciences, and CSA Sociological Abstracts
- K-12 products such as eLibrary, SIRS, and CultureGrams