Gale PowerSearch 2.0 Now Available
Since its launch in 2002, the Gale PowerSearch platform has offered comprehensive access to authoritative reference, periodical and primary source information. Gale has incorporated new enhancements, creating Gale PowerSearch 2.0, a platform providing even greater ease and giving more power to the user.
Gale PowerSearch 2.0 simplifies browsing through Gale's more than 20,000 publications, providing the ability to search across more than 150 million documents.
- Web 2.0 sharing tools including Del.icio.us, MySpace, Reddit, Digg, Facebook, Newsvine, Twitter and others to connect users with their community, allowing them to push interesting articles out to the Web to share with others
- ReadSpeaker (text-to-speech technology), allowing users to have all articles available from within the platform read aloud to them. All articles are fully downloadable in MP3 file format and can be played on an iPod or other audio devices
- Addition of "named user" functionality, allowing researchers to create custom profiles, name and save any search and modify RSS feeds on the product's homepage, thus facilitating ongoing research and supporting user's interests
- Search results that incorporate portals of context sensitive multimedia (images, video and podcasts)
- On demand translation of documents into 11 different languages, helping institutions support a global community of users
Current Gale customers can enable Gale PowerSearch 2.0 now by contacting Gale Technical Support at 1-800-877-4253, option 4. Gale PowerSearch 2.0 will be implemented for all customers in July 2009. Click on the "Find Out More" link on the Gale PowerSearch Web site www.gale.cengage.com/powersearch/.