from H.W. Wilson:
Media auditing firm BPA Worldwide has once again certified that database usage reports provided by H.W. Wilson's WilsonWeb service are COUNTER compliant. The COUNTER (Counting Online Usage of NeTworked Electronic Resources) Code of Practice for Journal and Database Reports sets standards that help librarians more clearly compare database usage. WilsonWeb usage reports meet the latest standards in both content and format, based on a recent annual audit.
This year, WilsonWeb added two new COUNTER compliant usage reports:
- Consortium Report 1: Number of Successful Full-Text Journal Article or Book Chapter Requests by Month (XML only)
- Consortium Report 2: Total Searches by Month and Database (XML only)
The service also offers:
- Database Report 1 (R3): Searches and Sessions by Month and Database
- Database Report 2 (R3): Turnaways by Month and Database
- Database Report 3 (R3): Total Searches and Sessions by Month and Service
- Journal Report 1 (R3): Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
Wilson has also implemented the SUSHI protocol in Release 3 of the COUNTER Code of Practice.
Usage reports based on ICOLC standards (Database Usage, Session Usage, Peak Usage, Journal Usage, IP Usage, and Turnaways) also continue on WilsonWeb . All can be downloaded as needed, or automatically every week or month.